Friday, August 31, 2007


So we had another non-stress test yesterday (NST) and a different doctor came in and said "guess what...we are sending you over to L&D and are going to induce today." I shook my head no and Erik said "no we're not". LOL. The doctor gave us his reasons (baby is term (we know), high blood pressure, could cause complications, it's time, blah blah blah). We gave him our reasons that we REALLY want to go naturally, bp is always fine at home, no major protein, we understand the risks and we are NOT going to take a chance should anything change - but baby is fine (which doc agrees), fluid level is fine, everything with baby is great (which doc agreed), so for now, we are going to try everything (even sex! LOL!) and see if I can just go naturally! He finally agreed, gave us some risk factors and we came home. Mind you, we aren't going to be stupid about this. We will be in L&D in 2.5 seconds if anything changes for the worse. We just don't want to be induced. I want my body to do what it is naturally designed to do. I don't want drugs to force my body to do something it's not ready for. I also don't want to induce because it raises the chances of a c-section. If I am going to need one, I want it to be because my body says so, not because the induction says so. Pitocin sucks (from what I hear) and I just don't want that. We understand that my bp can increase at any time (but for a solid 6 months it hasn't gotten dangerously high, even the new doctor agreed yesterday that I am just borderline everything). So for now I am following directions and doing my bedrest and taking it day by day. The way I feel right now, I wouldn't be surprised if I go naturally in the next day or 2.

We have decided that when I have another NST on Monday (it will be over in L&D since it's a holiday) that if another doctor says "it's time to induce" and the baby hasn't made her debut, then we may just go for it. I will be 40 weeks, 1 day. Yesterday we were told I am in a much better condition to induce and it wouldn't be too bad. I would LOVE for her to come on my birthday (Wednesday) and she still can, but I am thinking it will be the 3rd if we go for it on Monday. We'll see though.

I have been having contractions, some really painful, some braxton hicks. NOTHING too regular. I am learning how to breathe through them better though. You learn in class but you aren't in pain when you do it so you really don't "get it" (or at least I didn't) - so I am getting my practice in. Words can't even describe how great Erik has been helping me through them and getting me mentally ready for this!!! I feel like shit - VERY nauseated and I always feel like I am going to either throw up or have it come out the other way. So far neither has happened THANK GOD! (And aren't you so glad I gave you that info! LOL!)

So that's where we stand. Shooting for Monday...may or may not happen - but we'll see. :) My fears are calming now (still a little scared) and I have moved to the "okay...I can do this, it's gonna hurt, but I can do this" phase. I guess it's normal to be scared as a first time mom - or if it's not...it's definitely scary for me!

So that's where we are. Ticking down the time. If no baby by Tuesday, my friend Val and I are making "start your labor cookies". What a sight that would be if we both went into labor at the same time! LOL!

Will keep you updated as things progress! :)

LOVE YOU ALL! :)

2 comments:

Trina said...

LOVE YOU TOO!!! You will do great!! I'm ready to txt message!! lol!!

Julie said...

I am so proud of you! Your baby girl, NJ, is so lucky to have the 2 of you as her parents. You are in my thoughts daily.